I don’t usually listen to music when I write, but I still have a soundtrack going through my head. This story had a really strong one – not surprising since it’s about the music industry – and of course, it’s all country.
Here are some of the songs that inspired me, from some of my fav country artists:
- Country Girl (Shake It for Me) – Tailgates & Tanlines by Luke Bryan
- Famous In a Small Town – Crazy Ex-Girlfriend by Miranda Lambert
- A Modern Day Prodigal Son – A Modern Day Prodigal Son by Brantley Gilbert
- Boondocks – The Road to Here by Little Big Town
- The Good Stuff – No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems by Kenny Chesney
- You Gonna Fly – Get Closer (Deluxe Version) by Keith Urban (the inspiration for my hero, Rob Porter :-))
- I Hold On – Riser by Dierks Bentley
- Whatever It Is – The Foundation (Deluxe Version) by the Zac Brown Band
- Stuck Like Glue – The Incredible Machine (Deluxe Edition) [Deluxe Edition] by Sugarland
- Come Back Song – Charleston, SC 1966 (Deluxe Version) by Darius Rucker
- Redneck Woman – Gretchen Wilson: Greatest Hits by Gretchen Wilson
You can check them all out on iTunes. You can also watch the whole playlist on YouTube. Enjoy!